The ACLU is trying to collect deliver 300,000 pledges to send McCain and Obama’s offices by October 15. You can sign the pledge here: http://www.aclu.org/constitutionvoter/. By signing the pledge, you get a free bumper sticker and make the statement that you want the next President to not pledge to uphold the Consitution while doing his best to dismantle it.
I Am a Constitution Voter
- I believe that no one — including the President — is above the law.
- I oppose all forms of torture, and I support both closing the Guantánamo Bay prison and ending indefinite detention.
- I oppose warrantless spying.
- I believe that government officials, no matter how high-ranking, should be held accountable for breaking the law and violating the Constitution.
- I believe that the Constitution protects every person’s rights equally — no matter what they believe, how they live, where or if they worship, and whom they love.
- I reject the notion that we have to tolerate violations of our most fundamental rights in the name of fighting terrorism.
- I am deeply committed to the Constitution and expect our country’s leaders to share and act on that commitment — every day, without fail.
They also have an online advertising campaign: if you send in a photo of yourself with their ‘Constitution Voter’ logo or a copy of the Constitution, they’ll use it in their campaign. This is a good cause, and a big issue. Pledge your support.